Helping Seniors Live Healthier Lives

Headaches, Nausea And Hairloss: Do You Have Allergies?

There are many obvious signs when someone has allergies, but there are some less noticeable symptoms you want to be aware of that indicate allergic irritation. You could be having side effects, but aren't sure what the cause is, when you are suffering from allergies.

An allergist like one from Allergy Partners of Raleigh is a medical professional that specializes in the treatment of allergies, and they can help you find the culprit causing your health concerns. Here are three commonly missed signs that you may have allergy issues.


It is common to get congestion headaches when you have allergies, but you could also get a throbbing headache because of a sensitivity of allergy. You could be struggling with some airborne scents or products, or you could ingest something that disagrees with your body, resulting in a headache.

These headaches can be intensified by the sun, loud noises and more. If over-the-counter or prescription medications haven't completely stopped your headache, it may be time to turn to an allergist for help.

Nausea After Eating

If you get nauseas or dizzy after eating and you always assume it's because you ate something that was too sugary, or you had too many carbohydrates, you could actually have an allergy. You can try to pinpoint the allergy on your own by keeping a food diary, but the allergist may want you to have a test completed with blood work. This will allow you to get a more definitive answer to what is causing the problem.

Hair Loss

Have you noticed large clumps of hair in the shower or in your hairbrush? Can you see that your hair is getting thinner? The hair loss could be caused by an irritation or allergy to the different products you're using, and from other allergy triggers. You'll want to start using a dye and chemical free cleansing and conditioning option until you can get to an allergist to see what is going on.

An allergic reaction can be different and more severe each time it occurs, so you want to find out what the trigger to your problem is as quickly as possible. An allergist is going to be an expert when it comes to dealing with your condition, and they will run thorough tests to see what is causing your discomfort. If you are having an allergic reaction that is severe and you think it's affecting your heart rate, ability to breath or worse, get to a medical facility right away.